Uni-Tankers A/S is looking for a skilled and experienced Nautical Superintendent.
As Nautical Superintendent, you report directly to our Marine Manager and you are responsible for the daily nautical supervision of and inspection on board our own oil and chemical tankers.
The Marine Department consists of 7 dedicated colleagues who all ensure that Uni-Tankers A/S complies with the latest industry standards and requirements. You will be based at our office in Middelfart and have the entire world as your workplace.
• Plan, execute and follow up on navigational audits
• Supervise and monitor rest hour regulations and compliance with same
• Assist vessels with preparations for US port calls
• Ensure that the vessels are equipped with needed navigational software, required publications and manuals
• Monitor bridge and deck equipment status and ensure that it is upgraded and working
• Collaborate with other departments, e.g. Technical Superintendents and Marine Standard, in accident/incident investigations
• Participate in vetting preparations and assist Masters during external on-board inspections.
We are looking for a Master Mariner with 1-2 years of experience from tankers and preferable with shore-based experience as well.
• You possess basic operator skills with bridge and nautical equipment combined with relevant training courses.
• You speak and write Danish and English fluently.
• You have a talent for seeking and collecting knowledge and input, being curious.
• You are passionate about planning, coordinating and you follow through on your tasks.
• You are adaptive and flexible in your mindset and in your way of working.
• You have strong interpersonal and communication skills and proven experience with cross-cultural collaboration globally.
• You are prepared to travel 50-60 days annually.
Uni-Tankers offers an exciting and attractive position in an ambitious international environment where all employees strive for the common goal. The culture is characterized by an informal and open-minded atmosphere, a high level of dedication and trustworthiness.
The right candidate is offered an attractive remuneration package including pension, health insurance etc.
To apply for the job, please send your application and CV to email@example.com. Please mark your e-mail (“Nautical Superintendent”).
We will evaluate all applications and invite relevant candidates to interview during the posting period.
For further information about the job, please contact Marine Manager Keld Nielsen at +45 60 37 39 03.
UNI-TANKERS A/S is a Danish shipping company founded in 1995. The company is based in the old maritime city of Middelfart and operates a mix of approx. 40 own and chartered oil and chemical tankers in the small and intermediate segment. With its fleet, Uni-Tankers provides premium transportation and shipping services and solutions to oil majors and larger chemical producers, shipowners, investors, brokers and partners worldwide.
Uni-Tankers has a total of 75 shore-based employees located at its offices in Denmark, Turkey, France and USA as well as approx. 450 seafarers employed in its owned fleet.