Tanker Operator - Aalborg
Uni-Tankers is looking for a dedicated, energic and proactive team member with the right team spirit to join the Operations Department in Aalborg, Denmark.
As Tanker Operator you will be responsible for the operation of assigned vessels within our tanker fleet. You will be the link between all stakeholders involved in our business ensuring smooth operations as well as maintaining and improving the operational results in a safe and efficient manner.
Other responsibilities will include liaising with internal and external contacts, scheduling of assigned vessels, bunker planning, maintaining and updating operational systems, issuing voyage orders, demurrage calculations, analyzing KPIs, appointing and instructing agents and vessels and participating in business development.
• Ensure compliance with agreed charter party terms
• Communicate with charterers, brokers, agents, partners & vessels regarding planning, voyage orders and vessel itineraries
• Ensure that the operational systems, processes, files, procedures and policies are maintained and up to date
• Monitor vessel movements, voyage performances and constantly look to optimize where possible
• Provide and uphold a high level of service to all stakeholders
• Review vessel stowage and tank cleaning plans
• Keep track of vessels approvals and vetting scheme
• Handling invoicing, demurrage, claims and collection of freight.
Skills and experience
• Experience from a similar role in the tanker trade or as ship agent is preferred
• Sound commercial awareness
• Solution-oriented with an eye for details
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Fluent in English (spoken and written)
• Service-minded team player with good cooperative skills.
You will work at our office in Aalborg and be part of an international trade and shipping environment with four sister companies within A/S United Shipping and Trading Company located at same address at Aalborg's beautiful harbor front.
The right candidate is offered a competitive remuneration package including pension, health insurance etc.
Apply for the job
We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible, so please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly mark your e-mail (“Tanker Operator, Aalborg”). We will evaluate all applications received and invite relevant candidates to interview on an ongoing basis.
For further information about the position, please contact: Mikkel Larsson, Managing Director, Aalborg by tel +45 2843 4140 or e-mail MLR@uni-tankers.com.